Our bus arrangements are as follows:
LONGSDALE BUS – This service terminates at the square near the Railway Station.
GLENGALLAN BUS – This bus terminates at the hospital roundabout. All Schools Out children are also requested to get this bus.
West Coast Motor Company has asked us to point out the following:
- Only pupils with bus passes are entitled to free transport to and from school.
- Pupils will be asked to show their bus pass when boarding the bus.
- Bus passes can only be used on the route number indicated in the pass (which is to and from the pupil’s home address).
- If a pupil with a bus pass wishes to travel on another route, other than indicated on their pass, they must pay the appropriate fare.
- Children who are not entitled to a bus pass may travel on the buses but they are required to pay the appropriate fare. Fares for children are 80p single anywhere within the town. Alternatively, you can apply for a KidzCard that can be topped up. Application forms are available from the school office.
Any queries regarding fares, please telephone 01586 555893.
The above websites can help you plan your journey, find bus routes and timetables as well as explain ticket prices.
For enquiries and complaints regarding school transport, please, contact email@example.com
Free school transport
Transport to and from school is available for pupils who live more than:-
- 2 miles away from their catchment primary school
- 3 miles away from their catchment secondary school
Pupils may still be required to walk to a school transport pick up point. Primary school pupils will not be required to walk more than two miles and secondary pupils will not be required to walk more than three miles from their home to the pick-up point.
Pupils will not be picked up or dropped off at any point other than the designated location without written authorisation from a parent or carer.
Please see www.argyll-bute.gov.uk/education-and-learning/school-transport for further information on school transport.
Consideration will be given in exceptional circumstances for school transportation where your child attends their catchment school but would not normally be entitled to transport.
Where parents/carers believe that there may be grounds for an exceptional transport request, an application form should be completed and submitted to the Integrated Transport Section. Applications will then be referred for further assessment as appropriate.
Exceptional transport requests can be made when:-
- Your child has been recommended on health grounds by a designated medical officer.
Application forms for school transport are available from the school office or you can apply online by clicking here. All decisions regarding school transport are made by the School Transport Department at Argyll House in Dunoon and any queries should be directed to them (01369 70400).